The purpose of “Zlatni indeks” is to improve the quality of education, through fostering cooperation between students and companies.
- Organizer: eSTUDENT - student association at the University of Zagreb
- Organization members: students of the Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb
- Project background: annual contest for companies that had the biggest impact on quality of student life and education
- Contest participants in 2012: Representatives of seven student organizations from the University of Zagreb, almost 40 renowned companies. In 2013 all student organizations and student councils from all universities in Croatia will have the opportunity to participate in the evaluation of the companies.
- Identify and award companies that had the biggest impact on quality of student life, education and professional development
- Improve the quality of education, through fostering cooperation between students and companies
- Networking among student organizations
Project “Zlatni indeks” has been established in 2010, at the University of Zagreb, by a student organization eSTUDENT, within the Team for Development and Cooperation. The purpose of “Zlatni indeks” is to improve the quality of education, through fostering cooperation between students and companies.
Student representatives evaluate companies which have applied in six categories. One of the awards is the award for the company with the best image among students. The research is done by the company Hendal Market Research, which is one of the project partners.
All companies are welcome to apply if they have actively participated in college life and have provided resources for better education through various ways of introducing business to students. Companies can apply in six categories which are the most common forms of collaboration between companies and students:
- Financial support of student organizations and projects
- Participation in projects, organized by students or student organizations
- Organizing projects for students
- The best image among student population
To ensure fair competition, each category has two types of winners:
- Large companies
- Medium - sized and small companies
The project is supported by the President of the Republic of Croatia, Ministry of Science, Education and Sports, University of Zagreb, Croatian Chamber of Economy, Croatian Employers Association and Institute for the Development of Education.
General sponsor of this project is Adris Grupa, and the other sponsor is INA d.d.. Partners in this project are Hendal Market Research, iSTUDIO, Mozaik grupa, Lumilas, Emi 23, Coca-Cola Croatia and Dukat. Project media partners are MojPosao, EduCentar, Lider magazine, Styria International and web site Profitiraj.hr.
From this year this project has a national dimension because every student council as well as student organization in Croatia has the opportunity to become a part of the Committee (that makes decisions about winners) by applying to eSTUDENT.
"Zlatni indeks” is an opportunity for companies to present best practices in their work with students and corporate values to the general public. For students, it is an opportunity to connect with companies and thank them for the past collaboration and also open up possibilities for future cooperation.